Welcome to Mercury San Diego YouthTrack & Field a non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the needs of today's youth. Please visit us at our new website http://mercurysandiego.wixsite.com/mercurysd.
Track and Field has something for everyone, whether its your first time on the track or you are a returning athlete who knows what it takes to win or loose.
During the season each athelete will have an opportunity to compete in variety of events. If your child is new to running, we will teach your child proper track etiquette and training necessary to compete in all aspects of track and field, while promoting positive self-esteem.
Meeting the needs of today’s youth through training, conditioning, and strengthening bodies and minds. Teaching them inspiration, sportsmanship and the will to become leaders. Mercury can and will be preparing our youth for the future.
- Foster strong minds and bodies.
- Ensure access to training facilities and equipment
- Create and maintain an enjoyable and productive training environment.
- Encourage positive mental attitudes and mutual respect.
- Encourage athletes to learn, train, and compete at their highest level of sphere for participants to realize the importance of others, personal dignity, individual rights and the value of cooperative teamwork to attain personal and team goals.
- Encourage the motivation and commitment necessary for academic success.
- Foster the highest standards of ethical conduct, fair play and sportsmanship.
- Maximize and stabilize the generation of revenue from all sources to fund the program.
We have some great fundraising ideas for this year. So, get involved early to support all of our athletes.......
See Daphne Cass or Priscilla Ford for more details.